Position at Spark Prep team
Admissions Essay Editor
Location: Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city
Position: Admissions Essay Editor
Type: Part Time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Position begins: as soon as possible
Send email to: [email protected]
Spark Prep offers a full service, holistic, values-based approach to admissions coaching, academic tutoring, and test preparation. We work with students throughout the US and South East Asia, on both undergraduate and graduate admissions.
Our goal – and the commitment we make to our students – is for education to serve as an opportunity to clarify a student’s values, refine goals, and begin his or her growth process into adulthood. We ask big questions in order to provide a meaningful investigation into the development of each student’s character.
Our students are academically superlative, incredibly hard working and diligent, and come with high standards for success. Many of them expect to apply to top-tier American universities and past students have been admitted to Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Penn, Stanford, Dartmouth, UChicago and world-renowned business programs including INSEAD, LBS, NYU–Stern, Boothe, Anderson, Columbia and Wharton.
Each year, Spark Prep hires seasonal staff (some of whom elect to stay on as permanent staff) to help students complete their college applications in the fall. Most students have been working on their applications with admissions coaches for many months and often need support getting their essays to the finish line with the support of our Admissions Essay Editors.
Admissions Essay Completion
- Support students in the completion of their college application essays – personal statements and supplemental essays – in accordance with internal rubric;
- Regularly schedule and conduct student sessions as needed based on student speed and progress; topics covered include content development and revision strategies;
- Act as final check for all application essays and liaise with Student Experience staff to ensure all application items are completed before deadlines;
Complete administrative work and/or data entry related to student programs, as needed;
Other related activities as assigned for the purpose of maintaining/ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the position and the company;
Maintain clear lines of communication with all members of the education team.
- 2+ years of experience in college admissions or professional writing services.
- Familiarity with college and university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people reading skills, particularly when working with young people.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions.
- Currently living in Vietnam