Dear Young College-Bound Fam and Current Applicants,
About this time of year, the stress can start mounting and the fear can begin to creep.
Some brief advice on maintaining a clear vision and solid mental health:
- Your peers are your lifeline; let nothing come between you and your friendships. Let love guide you. I mean this very seriously.
- Hold on to your integrity; it is easy to lose but difficult to regain.
- Create a vision for your future that can be achieved through many paths; do not attach to one idea of what the road should look like. Stay flexible and nimble.
- You have access to more resources than any generation that has come before you; senpais, online blogs and articles, youtube, counselors, mentors, “centers,” etc. Use them judiciously, always while listening to your own inner voice. You live most of your life with yourself; be clear about who you are and who you want to become.
- There’s a lot of bad/incorrect advice out there; listen to your own conscience and use your logical faculties. If it feels wrong, let it pass. Everyone has an opinion. Not all opinions are correct.
- Remember to have fun. Life is better when you’re having fun.
- You’re doing a great job. This is not a platitude. You actually are. Feel it. Know it.
From Luke Taylor – Spark Prep Co CEO & Director of Admissions Programming